**[Under Revision]** - Creation of Polygon 10 Index (P10)

Wow, this is incredibly exciting! The Telcoin project is honored to be included in the index.

8 Likes

The Cometh team stands ready to help, hop on public calls, disclose and share anything relevant to demonstrate our proficiency and the seriousness of our project!
Thanks again to the Polygon team for suggesting our project in this index!

6 Likes

Hi @allan.g this is a standard clause we have seen in similar index proposals

1 Like

Thought it looked familiar :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:!

So is it safe to say that all 10 tokens in this index have undergone independent security audits, with the results being published publically?

1 Like

Looking through the list, there are a number of projects deployed on Polygon which have significant TVL/usage, but aren’t included. There are also some projects that aren’t Polygon only (Telcoin, Dfyn, UniLend, SportX, etc). So I can’t quite understand why these multi-platform projects are included, where others are not. On this basis, what would thoughts be on including Balancer / BAL on this list?

Balancer has a growing deployment on Polygon: Balancer and fits all the criteria listed, although is a few weeks away from having 2 months deployed on Polygon. It’s fully audited, and v. highly regarded/trusted by the community in that regard.

edit: if the idea is the index is only for projects that have the majority of their activity on Polygon, perhaps that should be included within the criteria list? Currently Balancer, Curve, Aave, etc all meet the criteria, amongst others.

3 Likes

Hey @bakamoto! Thanks for your feedback.

I definitely understand where you are coming from and these questions are important for refining the index so it achieves its goals. The goal here is to showcase the best projects native to Polygon as you mentioned this can take many forms like liquidity, size of polygon community, protocol origin or general polygon native support.

The goal is also not to include the projects we already have in our existing products as we are also trying to build liquidity with all our existing products on Polygon as well. So trying to minimize that as much as possible. I believe we already hold BAL in DPI.

We also are working closely with the Polygon Foundation and these are their initial recommendations. The feedback that we get from this post will be considered before we take this proposal to on-chain vote (DG1).

3 Likes

Very excited to see Telcoin in the list.

1 Like

This is the index I did not know I needed. At least 5 tokens from my watchlist.

Fully support this proposal. Good job from Polygon, @Mringz and @oneski22. Fantastic that Polygon have chosen to partner with Index here. I hope to see it progress swiftly, there are some tokens in this index that I expect to make significant gains within the next 8 weeks.

Furthermore, superb to see two of the projects represented in the posts - @jdetychey @TelcoinParker.

3 Likes

Telcoin representing! This is great!

1 Like

Makes sense! From an investors perspective though, if I’m Bullish on Polygon as an ecosystem, wouldn’t I want exposure to the tokens doing the greatest activity on the Polygon network, rather than just what’s natively built there?

If it’s “created for Polygon specifically”, should add that as key criteria, but that would exclude some of the current projects as well.

4 Likes

I really like the theme here – great work @Mringz / @AsifKhan / @oneski22 ! Looking forward to future discussion on it. Two follow ups…

Piggybacking a bit on @bakamoto 's theme – I’m wondering how you’ve defined “first class” and if that’s the criteria that’s restricting Balancer & Aave from inclusion in the index?

Wondering what specifically the limitations are in the feature set? It sounds like rebalancing would be a manual process – and I’m wondering what else might come up here from the engineering side!

3 Likes

This is awesome news for all Polygon holders!

1 Like

LOVE that you guys are including a decent GHST weighting in this given the soundness of the team and project.

1 Like

Two quick thoughts.

First, whether we should include MATIC. If the purpose of the index is to have a single asset which captures exposure to Polygon ecosystem, it seems MATIC should be included. If we do, I suggest fixing the weight to 10%-15% - otherwise it will dominate allocation by market weight.

I believe the strongest counter argument would be it is relatively easy to add MATIC in addition to this asset. Strongest pro argument IMO is adding MATIC transforms the product to a single click “easy button” for Polygon exposure and makes it more comprehensive.

Second, I echo the need for clarity on criteria - especially around why some major protocols are excluded. I’d like to suggest metric based filters around Polygon primacy. This can take the form of some threshold a protocol must pass, such as 70% or more of total active users must come from Polygon.

I believe this falls within the spirit of the original proposal and help differentiate it compared to other products.

7 Likes

+1 to include matic in the index.

3 Likes

is today april 1st?

is today april 1st?

Great News, it seems that Unilend Finance is follows the MATIC journey. Many Congratulation to the whole team of UniLend.

1 Like

Piling on the positive support here, but I love this proposal and am proud of the work @Mringz and @oneski22 have done on the Coop’s side to get it to this point - excited for the next steps and to bring on another methodologist to the broader Coop community!

6 Likes

So nice to see Index Coop going forward with a strong projects hand in hand! Definitely support this great moves! Keep it going that way guys! :muscle:

1 Like

Hey, @bakamoto @catjam you both make a good points. I will definitely review what you are thinking and see what can be done. A couple of things in my mind when I think about this. When we launch this Index we do want it to be natively launched on Polygon through Set Protocol so all the liquidity will have to come from that eco-system. So I will have to see if sufficient liquidity is available to make the inclusions you mentioned. Also will have to reduce the allocation cap to 10%-15% and increase the number of projects as the intention is to include more polygon projects and projects that are expanding to polygon. I will look at AAVE, SUSHI & BAL. I am welcome to any more suggestions on that front as well.

2 Likes