Data Economy Index (DATA): Forward to DG2!

@verto0912 @BigSky7 @puniaviision @overanalyser @oneski22 @jdcook @Tradespot @Kiba

I addressed this in yesterday’s Product Working Group meeting, but want to leave a comment here for the community and other observers.

In yesterday’s meeting, I acknowledged that in some of my comments on this forum post that I had failed to “interact with empathy” so I am holding myself accountable for this and committing to interact with all of you to the standard of the Index Coop’s Guiding Principles. I hope you will accept my apology and that we can all continue to work together.

I am also in agreement with @BigSky7’s comment that Kiba’s disparaging comments in this thread, and others on Discord/Twitter, were and are completely unacceptable, but I cannot speak on Kiba’s behalf and you would not accept it if I did.

Because of these issues, @Kiba and I discussed his relationship with the Index Cooperative and agreed that I will be the key point of contact for the DATA launch moving forward.

I also want to reiterate that I am in 100% agreement with @BigSky7’s comment below and share some additional personal context.

I walked away from my secure, high-paying job as a Data Science Manager (with a lot of upward mobility) to take a risk on Index Cooperative and Set Protocol because of how much I believe in making financial products accessible to all.

To that end, I started a company, Token Terrier, and have worked with the Index Cooperative to launch the Data Economy Index via a DAO, Titans of Data, for very little pay in the short-term.

My goal is to find a way to sustainably work with this community by building financial/data products.

I hope all of you can see that this is primarily about purpose and passion for me, and that the money is secondary but ultimately required for doing what I love to do sustainably.

5 Likes