Data Economy Index (DATA): Forward to DG2!

Thank you for your thoughtful response - It is much appreciated :pray:

100% agree with you. I will adjust the governance forum post and slides accordingly. If possible, @Kiba and I would prefer to spend more time focusing on general Q&A with the community on the call and this would help us in that regard.

That was our original thinking when we posted IIP-55: Data Economy Index - it was in our initial draft compensation proposal. I later examined the Methodologist Fee Menu which actually implied the fee split should be 50-50 or 60-40 (Titans of Data <> Index Cooperative) because of the high likelihood that no liquidity mining incentives will be provided by the Index Coop. Regardless, this is an open point of negotiation that we think should be considered alongside the Methodologist Bounty Program.

It is worth noting that that document was created with an assumption of a standard 95 bps streaming fee like DPI. We’ve conducted research which suggests that a lower streaming fee (50 bps) with a 10 bps mint fee and a 20 bps redeem fee will generate more revenue without sacrificing TVL. See our revenue model.

An Additional Note:

My apologies if we’ve made the negotiation and launch process feel adversarial. This is sincerely not our intention. We’re extremely excited about DATA and eager to go to DG2, launch the product, and continually improve over time.

I am genuinely sorry if our proposed timeline(s) have come across as inconsiderate or demanding on the Coop’s people and resources.

I understand the Coop has many other priorities, but I would feel a lot more at ease if we knew who we should be interacting with and what timeframe we can expect. Given the opportunity cost to Titans of Data, would it be possible for someone to respond with (1) who we should be negotiating with, and (2) what the timeline is? Thank you for your consideration :smiley: