IIP: [to be assigned]
Title: DPI MetaGovernance Vote Delegation
Status: Tabled [edit 5/7/21]
Discussions-to: [add if/when added to Gitbook]
Delegate DPI voting power from the INDEX multisig to an externally owned account (EOA) controlled by @gregdocter:
Today, DPI metagovernance votes are executed using the INDEX multisig.
This IIP proposes DPI metagovernance votes instead be executed by an EOA controlled by @gregdocter.
This IIP does not:
- Propose any other changes to the metagovernance process as specified here.
- Address Snapshot metagovernance (IIP-33).
This proposal merely addresses how the Index Coop executes votes that otherwise would be executed by the multisig.
The outcome of metagovernance votes would remain decided by INDEX holders.
Today, each metagovernance vote requires approximately 2 hours of work to coordinate and then execute a vote using the multisig. This work is done by Set team members @setoshi, @asoong, and @gregdocter.
Assuming a conservative 2 votes per week, this amounts to 208 hours (8.7 days) per year spent coordinating and executing metagovernance votes.
Other options, such as changing parameters of the multisig, were considered. However, they do not address the core issue seeking to be resolved here.
This proposed change is stop-gap that is part of a larger meta-governance vision.
As the number of meta-governance votes increases and as more meta-governance capabilities come online, there is an expectation that vote execution will be further decentralized within Index Coop.
This may ultimately take the form of a meta-governance council executing delegated meta-governance votes, protocol ambassadors executing delegated meta-governance votes for their protocols, or some other sort of structure. In the interim, this proposal seeks to eliminate unnecessary operational work while a greater meta-governance framework is being developed.
A simple solution is to delegate DPI voting power to an EOA to enable a community-trusted individual to execute metagovernance votes.
This will reduce time-spent from ~2 hours per vote to ~10 minutes by removing all coordination costs associated with using the multi-sig.
To implement this requires the following:
- Primary EOA (@gregdocter):
- Backup EOA (@Cedrick):
- INDEX multisig to delegate COMP and AAVE via the Governance module to the Primary EOA
- Gas: ETH sent to Primary EOA to cover gas costs
- @gregdocter executes metagovernance votes according to the current metagovernance process.
- Delegate other protocol voting power as reasonable.
This is intended to be a stopgap solution that lays the path to turning over this power to other trusted community member(s) focused on metagovernance.
The Backup EOA is being designated in case the Primary EOA is unavailable for some unforeseen reason.
- FOR - Delegate DPI voting power from the multisig to an externally owned account (EOA) controlled by @gregdocter
- AGAINST - DO NOT delegate DPI voting power from the multisig to an externally owned account (EOA) controlled by @gregdocter
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0 .