[ELECTION CLOSED] Index Council V2: Nomination Thread and Process

My previous nominations still stand due the outstanding merit of the candidates! :yum:

I hereby throw my own hat in the ring:

If elected into the council I would consider my purpose to guard against over centralisation and look for ways for decision making to be pushed / appropriately delegated out. We have spent a lot of time, energy and resources engineering an org structure, letā€™s use it!

Thb I have been concerned over a culture developing that is anti-decentralisation, the recent decentralisation OR profit narrative has been particularly disappointing.

Centralisation really is not something we should be playing fast and loose with, for our own benefit as well as our users and investors. It is worth remembering that some of the most costly decisions at IC to date have been when the community was ignored and unilateral decisions were made by a few individuals (Liquidity Mining).

Speed and efficiency is great but not when you are being driven off a cliff. As with many things in life I believe it is a question of balance > over-simplified binary thinking.

I commit to being fully transparent.

I have no conflicts of interest and will immediately declare any should they arise.

Crypto can be a macro emotional rollercoaster. The current risk off environment effects our users as well as our own community finances. I would like to see us more pro-actively focus on strategies to be ready for all type of market conditions and stages of the adoption cycle, bull, bear, crab, from ā€œinstitutions are hereā€ to ā€œmass adoptionā€ . The recent pivot to allocate more resources to DAO treasury sales and yield type products to help our users as well as our bottom line is a good example of this. Our strategy should be to be nimble, resilient and attentive to what the market is telling us.

Overall spend is still higher than revenue and our run way is only so long. Iā€™d like these numbers to be much more front and centre so everyone is acutely aware of the challenge we face and at what point we will have no choice but to raise capital again to sustain growth. If elected Iā€™ll continue banging the drum to allocate resources to product, engineering and growth to focus on product development, UX, UI, distribution and marketing in favour of other ares. We grow or we die.

As previously mentioned Iā€™d like to see the council focus on delegating as much decision making to the many high context nodes within the IVM (Index Virtual Machine!). Iā€™d like the council to focus on areas of mis aligned profit / cost centres as in my experience these are highly corrosive to organisations and partnerships over time. (Gas costs) As well as focusing on finer details such as NAV decay and harmonic liquidity dynamics that are fundamental to whether products can run a positive or negative profit margin. The council v2 should spend the majority of itā€™s time on issues that effect our users and be much less ā€œinternalā€ facing.

Hell bent on making IC the Apple of crypto products.

13 Likes