Enable Full-Time Contributors to Vote with Vesting Tokens

I will be voting against this proposal. Having taken time to read through the feedback and go through the proposal I do not believe this is the right initiative to drive.

I really question if this is the right way of doing things. These full-time contributors have already been given a lot of power through the full-time contributor program is it right to enhance these powers? Is this the right solution to solve the governance power issues. I do not believe so. All this does is create another group in the community with governance power, while leaving the rest of the existing and new contributors without a way to have a meaningful role in the governance for a protocol they are passionate about.

I echo @mel.eth sentiment here. We should be dedicating resources to doing this.

This current proposal just does this.

I support your thinking here. I would rather spend time getting this right than rushing to a solution. I feel we do not really understand the core problem around our autonomy issues. That is why this proposal is contentious in the first place.

In general, if this was a step in a wider plan or roadmap to solve the governance issues I would have supported this however that is not the case. No, roadmap presented. No, analysis into the problem and why this is the correct solution.

7 Likes