Proposal: Governance Operations Working Group

Thanks for sharing this @Lavi, @mel.eth and @sixtykeys.

I’m firmly in support of launching a Governance Operation WG - as since IC has taken over IIP responsibility from Set, governance ops have not clearly fallen into the remit of any existing WG at Index Coop.

However, I do think Matt raises some interesting questions on cost. Since its inception, the cost to the Coop for Goverance related activity has been as follows:

• Jan - July- $0 per month total
    IIP process maintained by @anon10525910 and @puniaviision (estimated 5-10% of their time per week)
  • July - August, $3,000 per month total
    I was running the entire IIP process for Index Coop in addition to my role as POC WG Lead, Autonomy, Funding Council support etc. Average of 14 IIPs per month + process improvements, in total taking about 15% of my time on a weekly basis
  • September & October, $4,150 per month total
    I launched the Goverance Rep role. This priced the role with a fixed stipend plus reward per IIP taken through governance.
    November+, $28,000
    Cost of GOWG proposal.

Now I appreciate I was probably a bit stingy when I designed the Governance Rep reward framework…

So just confirming my understanding of the specific additional activity/initiatives you be undertaken as part of this WG to justify an approx 400% increase in budget required by this function.

The key things seem to be:

How confident deal you feel that all this activity is value add? What would you remove if you were looking to save budget this upcoming quater?

5 Likes