IIP-71-Final : Launching the Robot Index (iRobot)

Hey @DocHabanero,

As shared recently with @Cavalier_Eth, I’m more than happy to collect community feedback and ways to improve the narrative / positioning around iRobot.

I don’t pretend to own the key for the point you’re raising, I don’t think anyone does as is often the case for innovative products :

I would like to flag here that doing this kind of survey for iRobot at scale, via the Coop’s socials, is something I already suggested several months ago but nothing happened.

Nevertheless, as far as I’m aware, the Work Team Analysis and the Product Prioritization Score - that have also been issued for iRobot 1,5 months ago - are the main 2 instruments supposed to help PWG and the broader community building an unbiased opinion on a product. Otherwise, what would have been the point of the Product Onboarding Process overhaul ?

I hope that I’m not misinterpretating your intention here, because it’s a written discussion. But, at the moment, I don’t really understand how PWG unilaterally stopping the governance process, and posting this single question on the governance forum, is going to provide an accurate indication of what’s supposed to happen next ?

I fear this may create a dangerous precedent for internal methodologists, particularly as it comes several weeks after the project completed all required stages of the DG1 to DG2 process, and in spite of a continuous effort from the methodologist to work at the highest possible standard of transparency and quality over the past year.

9 Likes