IIP-14 DPI Liquidity mining #4

Hey OverAnalyser, thanks for putting this together for the next round of liquidity mining.

I think there is an opportunity here given the increase in liquidity for ETH/DPI in Uniswap to $48m, to split the rewards between there and Sushiswap. I posted my thoughts regarding the benefits here back in December. They are already running a DPI:WETH pool as part of the Onsen program which is incentivised by Sushi rewards at 52% APY and is seeing $2.1m in liquidity as a result. Adding in our own incentives could lift the pool and reduce the burden on Sushiswap to provide all the incentive.

With the advent of aggregators into the space, and now the exchange issuance contract being built out, the Coop can shift to pointing people to these options depending on trade size. That should mitigate concerns about larger trades taking place, and given what we’ve seen so far the reduction in rewards shouldn’t cause too great a drop in liquidity.

Perhaps we could keep the total reward the same going into February, but split some towards Sushi, increasing the amount to Sushi over time while reducing the absolute number of INDEX tokens. Each Onsen programme lasts 90 days with Sushi so it could make sense to taper rewards in 3-monthly blocks.

2 Likes