IIP-18 ETH2x FLI Liquidity Mining #1 (Draft 2)

I voted FOR and I strongly support this proposal. This is the exact kind of tailored liquidity mining @Matthew_Graham and @verto0912 have worked so hard to design. Highly focused, short term LM campaigns are exactly the strategy we should be pursuing to quickly and efficiently grow the size of our liquidity pools.

We already know that capital is especially sticky with our projects and that the liquidity we acquire during these LM campaigns sticks around long-term. As @puniaviision said, the economics of the pool make a ton of sense now and we can expect many LPs to remain after incentives have ended.

I understand that the primary concern may be concentrating too many INDEX tokens with any one entity, specifically the providers of seed liquidity. In my opinion this concern conflates short-term tactical actions around building liquidity with our long-term strategic goals of building a diversified ecosystem of investors and partners.

The purpose of Index Coop is to build and release the best crypto-funds in the world. This is our only job. The fact of the matter is this, our large partners are just as much a part of our community as we the individual community members are. Tailoring our LM or product strategy to limit their participation in LM is unfair and short-sighted. If community members are concerned about control within the community becoming too centralized - then we have that discussion. But we have that discussion directly instead of using proxy issues.

TO build on that point - with so much to build and so much energy behind our community we need to push forward and not become mired in debates around governance issues that are both unavoidable and essentially irrelevant to our ability to function as an autonomous community.

That doesn’t mean we ignore these issues - it does mean that we do not become shortsighted and reactionary.

We will always have partners (including members of the Set team and DFP) who have a lot of power due to their holdings of the INDEX token. This will always be the case within any DeFI community. We are fortunate because all the key stakeholders are both known to the community and incredibly supportive of our DAO.

The efforts being done by @Metfanmike and @fallow8 regarding institutional sales of $DPI will likely also lead to the eventual purchase of a large number of $Index tokens by an institutional sized entity that dwarfs any of our current partners. Our DAO needs to become comfortable working with and communicating with large outside investors. You simply cannot run a business without these kinds of investors and the benefits they add.

The difference between a truly mature and established DAO and group of people on a discord is the ability to navigate these complex relationships. What makes good businesses work is building good partnerships - partnership is based on communication and conversation between the engaged parties.

4 Likes