@Llama is building a strong reputation in the DAO ecosystem as a Treasury Management service provider so I am very excited to see this proposal put forward. In my view, there is great potential for a long-term win-win relationship between Llama and Index Cooperative.
I am incredibly encouraged by the overlap between the two communities. There is a lot of cross-DAO engagement from contributors like @HelloShreyas, @Matthew_Graham, @verto0912 , @Kiba , @DOC , and others that I am assuredly missing.
I am sure there will be many iterations to this proposal, but I am strongly in favor of Llama becoming a Methodologist with the Index Cooperative.
Here are a few questions and comments on the details of this proposal:
1. Could you elaborate on what this means given that LDI does not exist yet?
2. How are the targets for each asset class within LDI being determined? It is very strange to me that Ether has 2x the target allocation as Bitcoin and Metaverse 2x the allocation of Web3 Infrastructure given that Bitcoin has ~2.5x Ether’s market capitalization and Web3 Instrstructure has ~5x the market cap of the Metaverse.
3. Has Llama considered changing the name to reflect that this product is intended to be a Treasury Management solution? For instance, is this product mostly intended for DAO treasuries and institutions or is it also intended to be a product for individual investors?
4. @Matthew_Graham @prairiefi @ElliottWatts Is this a product Index Cooperative should consider for our Community Treasury? If so, in what size?
5. I found it strange that PAY is the included in the proposal, but not DPI, MVI, or DATA. Why leverage PAY and not the others? Could Llama provide additional context on this consideration?
6. Comment on Intrinsic Productivity and “dogfooding” Index Coop products: DPI, MVI, and DATA would all greatly benefit from Intrinsic Productivity (IP) and this has been discussed at length at Index Cooperative. @Kiba suggested xSUSHI and yvYFI be used to Activate DPI Intrinsic Productivity, but those discussions were put on hold after disagreements in the Index Coop community. It seems like there is an opportunity to build out IP for those products first, and then incorporate those products in LDI. Thoughts?
7. Timeline: When is Llama hoping to launch this product by? Is Llama hoping or expecting to receive INDEX rewards from the Methodologist Program? I want to understand Llama’s expectations of the Index Cooperative relationship.