IIP-7 CoinShares Gold and Cryptoassets Index Lite Version (CGCI-LV)

Thanks @reganbozman! I actually wouldn’t limit this index’s reach to only gold investors, although that is a great market itself to be in. For instance, the internet investment gold market is a $8.6bn market that is primarily occupied by out-dated platforms (take Bullion Vault for example that has about $3.2bn on its platform). I don’t think it would take much to push some of these investors into this type of product which is more compelling (+ the avg. client has $29k in holdings which makes the CPC much more appealing). Precious metal asset managers are starting to look for ways to beef up their offering as their investors want more innovative products that involve crypto. I think we’ll start seeing more gold investors start acquiring bitcoin over the next few months and the CGCI-LV is a great place for them to start as it provides better risk and return profile that is superior to holding gold or cryptoassets alone.

I think this product is a great gateway for trad-fi and gold investors coming into crypto. Also, it’s a product that is likely to be well-received and supported by CEX’s and platforms (like Coinbase, for instance). If this product can help with opening up the door to some of these platforms then that’s a good win for future INDEX Coop initiatives and products.

2 Likes