PROPOSED: IIP-134: Index Coop Retrospective Airdrop

Hi @mel.eth,

Let me see if I can help try answer these questions here for you.

The above query was covered in an earlier linked post found here. Sect. 6.4 states as shown below:

“An individual’s airdrop will be received monthly over six months with no requirement to maintain active status. Contributors active and inactive are eligible for their airdrop tokens over six months. Given the airdrop is substantially smaller now, with an active/inactive lookup in the model, we think this distribution logic is fair.”

Yes. It was modelled. Shifting from x1.75 to x2.0 resulted in a net delta of 0.87% transferred between “Current Contributor” and others.

With this intent, I believe finding a way forward would act to serve this goal. I believe the intent here is to enable the airdrop to proceed quickly. This is aligned with the concerns raised during the leadership call.

Do note, this spreadsheet contains a series of linked logical mathematical formulas that is the model. A high level functional outline has been provided in an earlier post showing the key relationships at play. Having access to the raw file, enables any viewer to invest the necessary time to understand the model in its entirety. It is fair to expect most will seek a TL;DR style approach rather than a show me line by line the math and interwoven relationships.

I believe Yes. The Core Hire proposal has passed and the DSM has been implemented. INDEX is currently being allocated based on the model. Given the Airdrop was always vested over 6 month period with monthly payments and the DSM had a start date was always a set date, there will remain this fundamental difference. In attempt to reduce the overhead and complexity, the intent here is to do something in the near future.

I believe the vote for how the DSM was to be implemented has already past and the opportunity here, is one that is forward looking. With limited developer resources in-house, there may exist an opportunity to offer a grant or hire a contractor to develop this Smart Contract as to not impede on our primary business objectives.

6 Likes