IIP-XY - Finance Nest Autonomy Act Amendment #1

If I am understanding this properly this is two proposals to give Finance Nest more unilateral decision making power across two high-impact areas:

1. Capital Structure - change the Index Coop’s capital structure and add a line of credit of unknown size/parameters/impact etc…
  2. Who controls Index Coop funds - no longer use IIPs to change singers on two major wallets (3-of-11 Operations and 4-of-7 Investment accounts). Instead, Finance Nest decides itself and reports after the fact.

On the first point, changing the capital structure is a big decision that needs considerable discussion amongst the largest stakeholders. We are against such a decision being delegated to a small group of individuals outside the visibility of INDEX holders and large stakeholders. We support well thought out plans, which - knowing you :slight_smile: - I am certain you already have / can create.

→ Do you have a plan already that you can share such that the specifics can be assessed/discussed before any decisions are made?

On the second point, it is a well-known best practice in crypto to add/remove signers on major wallets via vote (i.e. Yearn). You seemed to have advocated for this recently. We are against removing the IIP requirement for adding/removing signers to major Index Coop wallets. There are other solutions to this problem that don’t involve removing such a critical decision from INDEX holder purview (i.e. choose signers who are less likely to churn).

→ Curious to learn: Why has your thinking changed on whether IIPs are needed to add/remove folks from major wallets? What alternatives have you considered to the problem(s) you are facing?

4 Likes