Index 2.0 | Leadership, Governance and Decision Making (Pods, Nest and Index Council)

@anon10525910 the thinking behind including this mechanism both for community vote and IIP was that it is important that Wise Owls be accountable both to the community AND token holders. On reflection, I think the 55% threshold is potentially too low, and puts the Wise Owls in a pretty precarious position - this is something I imagine we will change for future iterations.

@DarkForestCapital in this interim “experimental” phase I have intentionally left the mechanism broad/flexible to ensure either specific Wise Owls, or the group in its entirety can be replaced. Given that disbanding of the Wise Owls risks leading to further paralysis (like we have now) I have faith that the community and IIP holders will appreciate this, and act responsibly if they ever start to consider replacing one, or all of the Wise Owls.

It would be wrong of me to impose deliverables on the Wise Owls before they are formed. However, whilst it is certainly an aggressive timeline, it is not an unrealistic one as I would like to see Wise Owls move extremely quickly to address Full Time Hiring needs - a developing an initial prioritised list could probably be hashed out in their first meeting.

@sixtykeys noted, and I have just shared this post call for nominations for Wise Owls / the Index Council. I will also follow up with a separate post articulating the next steps for Nest creation shortly to enable more targeted discussion.

2 Likes