Index Coop Trust and Reputation is Everything

Hi Scott,

I fully agree, the strength of the coop is dependent on us all and we need to work together.

Set Labs and DeFi Pulse have given birth to something fantastic and i am very grateful for the opportunities that the coop has given to me and others.

I must admit that I’m surprised that the DPIacc proposal was alarming to some people. That was never my intention and at the time I suggested that DeFi Pulse and Set Labs would be best placed to be the methodologist for such a index fund. At the time I did propose a different split of the 0.95% streaming fee for methodologist / coop (i.e 0.095 and 0.855 vs 0.3 and 0.65). However, I think that this was purely due to my not understanding the actual fee slit for $DPI. (The 10th October was early days for my involvement ion the coop and I was keen to see us launch more products onto the market). At the time, I said that I didn’t think the proposal warranted any rewards as it wan’t particularly novel (i.e. streaming fees should goto the managers appointed by the coop)

In the discussions that followed that proposal I’ve come to realise the weaknesses of that approach including the canabalisation of DPI and liquidity of the yield generating tokens.

In the subsequent community discussions, I’ve come to believe that we should focus on 3 goals:

• Growing the community,
  • Educating crypto natives about the benefits of index funds
  • Growing $DPI in terms of AUV and building it into the DeFi infrastructure.

I believe that these are in long term interests of the coop and I have been been directing my efforts towards all three.

In the coop, Set Labs and DeFi Pulse have created something special,and we have a fantastic opportunity to work together to realise it’s full potential and capture a large slice of a large pie.

6 Likes