# \[MGC Decision\] AAVE-(ud), COMP-70 & COMP-71

**URL:** <https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255>\
**Category:** Meta-Governance\
**Created:** [22 November 2021 08:07 UTC](https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255 "2021-11-22T08:07:04Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 5\
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![Lavi](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/l/7ab992/32.png) [@Lavi](https://gov.indexcoop.com/u/Lavi)\
**Post date:** [22 November 2021 08:07 UTC](https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255/1 "2021-11-22T08:07:04Z")

</div>

The Index Coop Meta-Governance Committee has voted FOR [AAVE-undefined], to “authorize the Guardian to hold the emergency keys for V2”.

The MGC voted AGAINST [COMP-70], to “implement security solutions for Compound Governance”.

And the MGC has voted unanimously FOR [COMP-71], to “update the risk parameters for DAI, BAT, ZRX and ETH”.

Link to the snapshot page below:

AAVE-undefined [Snapshot](https://snapshot.org/#/index-coop.eth/proposal/QmTsi5WNdBknEBKEjXnzR5PRGRtv9FFLRYyoo5KzoJkvmB)

COMP-70 [Snapshot](https://snapshot.org/#/index-coop.eth/proposal/QmPmuC4JZKy4kYqA7eBGHAgzpQUQNyGCb3wRZUudBKP3GN)

COMP-71 [Snapshot](https://snapshot.org/#/index-coop.eth/proposal/QmaGZeBayJGQpFZWYSxrKndyf65ukyeTd9bFqjpDcbWMHG)

Changes added: COMP-70 decision changed to AGAINST

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![mrvls\_brkfst](https://yyz1.discourse-cdn.com/flex027/user_avatar/gov.indexcoop.com/mrvls_brkfst/32/401_2.png) [@mrvls\_brkfst](https://gov.indexcoop.com/u/mrvls_brkfst)\
**Post date:** [23 November 2021 18:09 UTC](https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255/2 "2021-11-23T18:09:31Z")

</div>

Appreciate these posts and respect the decisions but, for this one in particular, I would love some reasoning.

The COMP 70 puzzled me because I go to vote with as much care as I can and had read the [Compound proposal](https://compound.finance/governance/proposals/70), which seemed reasonable given the circumstances, and looked at sentiment on the accompanying [forum post](https://www.comp.xyz/t/auditing-compound-protocol/2543). In the post there is some good discussion supporting the proposal from involved members of the community, including Blockchain Berkley and a16z (who mention support of the open-source approach).

I could also see that IC sentiment was FOR (98.68% of nearly 16k INDEX).

So, what puzzled me was, the IC AGAINST vote.

Now I see, there was a last hour counter bid to Open Zeppelin from Trail of Bits (a ‘forum bomb’ if ever there were). And this is where I run out of road. I have nothing generally against Trail of Bits or, indeed, for Open Zeppelin, and I am most definitely a supporter of the IC Meta-Gov team but I’d love to know more about how the decision was reached, if that’s cool?

This could all seem a mountain out of a molehill but it did come across interesting and tiny bit dramatic.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![oneski22](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/o/65b543/32.png) [@oneski22](https://gov.indexcoop.com/u/oneski22)\
**Post date:** [23 November 2021 22:30 UTC](https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255/3 "2021-11-23T22:30:00Z")

</div>

Hi @mrvls_brkfst happy to share why I voted AGAINST.

1. I am not a fan of indefinite payments, and the current implementation of the COMP-70 proposal would indefinitely stream ~29/COMP/day to OZ.

2. Strongly against the performance incentive structure that they are negotiating. While not included in this specific proposal…

3. I want to wait to see the full proposal from ToB in order to properly compare the multiple bidding vendors. Personally, I believe that a few days/weeks without a signed vendor is worth getting the best value for the protocol.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![Lavi](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/l/7ab992/32.png) [@Lavi](https://gov.indexcoop.com/u/Lavi)\
**Post date:** [24 November 2021 07:22 UTC](https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255/4 "2021-11-24T07:22:11Z")

</div>

Hey @mrvls_brkfst thanks for the very thoughtful question!

Just add to @oneski22’s comment, I think he summed up pretty well the reasons for why the majority of MGC members voting AGAINST COMP-71. It wasn’t an unanimous vote though, so other opinions were present as well.  
Looking at the [vote](https://compound.finance/governance/proposals/70) rn, it seems that a majority is considering a new offer to be the preferred choice (however still 11hrs left before closing).

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![mrvls\_brkfst](https://yyz1.discourse-cdn.com/flex027/user_avatar/gov.indexcoop.com/mrvls_brkfst/32/401_2.png) [@mrvls\_brkfst](https://gov.indexcoop.com/u/mrvls_brkfst)\
**Post date:** [25 November 2021 19:14 UTC](https://gov.indexcoop.com/t/mgc-decision-aave-ud-comp-70-comp-71/3255/5 "2021-11-25T19:14:56Z")

</div>

Thanks @oneski22 and @Lavi , much appreciated. Agree that it’s best to weigh the two. Just found the last moment nature interesting, though not necessarily bad.
