IIP-86 MVI Fee Split Proposal

Hey Mel, appreciate the reasoned response. Will answer your questions backwards as the numbers from Q2 feed back into Q1.

The vesting contracts were deployed on the 28th August, the same day as our 6 month cliff occurred. We envisaged the unvested funds being returned at the point we switched to the fee-split (if we said 28th Sept that would make it 7 months of vested tokens we could claim, remaining 17 months would be returned).

Which leads to question 1 which I think is useful to illustrate for everyone.

First, MVI to date has returned $47k in revenue if we go by the value in the treasury (obvs fluctuates based on MVI price), or $34k if we take JD’s cumulative revenue from Dune (not accurate as we don’t claim in this manner). Probably fair to say $40k and split the difference. By approximate calcs it’s also returned 3770 Index to the Coop via recycling the methodologist bounty.

So since launch on 7th April, we would’ve earned roughly $12k and 3770 INDEX total. Instead, during these four months we have been paid $70k ($5k salary x4 months x2 contributors + $30k bonus) and 5000 INDEX (625 x 4 months x2 contributors) total. It’s up to you guys to judge if we contributed enough to the Coop outside of MVI to justify effectively $8.5k + 153 Index/month each (the difference between the two totals).

The way we looked at it, it seems the more pertinent question for the Coop is to assess whether paying 2x FT packages for another 18 months is better ROI than sacrificing 30% of the fee split and the remainder of the methodologist bounty (which isn’t treated as an expense by Treasury, salaries and vesting are).

This part comes from here:

We are saying that the contributions to the Coop are too much, are detrimental to our work on MVI, not to mention enthusiasm for the Coop and personally, mental health. If the status quo persists and the vote doesn’t go through, we will not be contributing at the levels we have been.

Disclaimer: it’s late here, I’m sure AG will check any of my dodgy math in the morning

11 Likes