[ELECTION CLOSED] Index Council V2: Nomination Thread and Process

Hi all - I’m self-nominating for the Index Council for S1. As @nic mentioned, I believe that the next few months are crucial to Index Coop’s turnaround, and we need strong leadership + product skills on the Council to help guide us. If elected to serve on the Council, I’d bring my executive-level leadership experience and product leadership & strategy expertise to guide IC towards our next phase of growth.

I want to be upfront that I have a full-time job outside of Index Coop – I lead product at Flipside Crypto. I can commit approx 5 hours/week to the Index Council if elected. Time expectations are currently unclear, but I’m hopeful that a well-functioning ICC can be efficient and effective within that 5 hours/week.

As an ICC member, I would focus on developing product strategy and recruiting additional senior product leaders with financial product experience. I’ve had the opportunity to work with the Product Nest and see this group grow remarkably over the previous year. I’m excited to support their growth in this next level by working with ICC + Product Nest to identify and focus on a narrow set of big bets to identify the right target market (Institutional Business, DAOs, retail) and launch products aimed at achieving PMF. I’m also passionate about creating a diverse, empowered contributor community and would bring my experience with Women of Index Coop and Community Nest to the Council to achieve this goal.

On transparency and decentralization: If elected, I will serve a max of 1 consecutive term on the Council, and step away for S2. I support a Council of 5+ members as decentralization is an important cultural, organizational, and legal construct for Index Coop. I will create frameworks for Index Council updates to be shared at the Nest level and build on PJ’s work to keep the full Coop apprised of ICC work through the Leadership Forum.

18 Likes