[ELECTION CLOSED] Index Council V2: Nomination Thread and Process

I’d like to nominate myself for Index Council.

As the engineering pod lead, I’ll make sure the Index Council considers the technical aspects of any topics being discussed. Simply put, technology is at the core of why DeFi can be a better alternative to finance as we know it today. Many of the products we’d like to launch require new functionality to be built, and this will continue to be the case for a long time as blockchains improve and new DeFi primitives come out. I have a special role to play in our relationship with Set Labs, as well as in evaluating other technology options that could enable us to innovate faster.

I want Index Coop to be where the best technology combines with the best growth and operations teams to create a wildly successful business. Not just in terms of eventual profit, but as a major positive force in the new financial paradigm we’re all now a part of.

We are at a turning point for Index Coop where we desperately need alignment across our organization, not just within a nest or pod. There are aspects of decentralization that I love, but there’s advantages to acting more like a tech startup and less like a government. We spend so much time and energy to make even simple decisions. I know this because I worked hard on the IIP for liquidity pod, and after spending dozens of hours getting stakeholders comfortable such that it passed unanimously, the result was a leaderless group that wasted hundreds of people-hours in endless debates with few actions being taken. Not ideal.

I cringe when I hear about v1 of the Council needing 4-5 hours per day. This is way too much for people who supposedly have other critical roles to play. I’m with @catjam that a more reasonable commitment would be 5 hours per week. My hunch is that having 7 people with an equal vote is still too many to reach 100% consensus on any major decision, especially when you consider all the details of that decision. If elected to the council, I will be hyper-focused on the issues that matter most, which in my view are strategic vision and aligning the priorities of the DAO as a whole. I commit to being transparent whenever there are opposing views within the council.

I don’t have any conflicts of interest to disclose. If elected, Defensible LLC will formally take up the seat.

25 Likes