PROPOSED: IIP-134: Index Coop Retrospective Airdrop

Hi @mel.eth

Thank you for your comments. I believe nearly all of the methodology presented within this post has been communicated in a prior forum post linked here. The composition and construct of the airdrop emission is very similar to the prior post, with the slight exception, we increased the 1.75 multiplier to 2.0 skewing rewards towards “Current Contributors”. However, the actual impact of this multiplier tweak had minimum impact on the overall outcome.

Do Note the evolution of the DSM & Airdrop started as a cross functional group, with majority outside of Finance Nest. The DSM was widely discussed and reviewed at the council level along with the Core Hires at the time. I believe you were very much apart of that discussion at the time and had/have full access to the file detailing how the DSM is calculated.

However, your concerns have been noted. Community Nest and Finance Nest will present a forum post detailing the DSM model. Please note this post linked here gives a strong flavour for what to expect. What is coming next, is more like a functional specification, as there is hope it will help facilitate the DSM like a smart contract to be built.

On this occasion, after questions were raised during the Wednesday leadership call, all the people mentioned on this post banded together to write this post moving the Airdrop proposal forward. If this group of people did not step in and move this forward, noting the Airdrop was design by the cross functional group detailed on the earlier linked proposal, there would be further delay. May I kindly suggest reaching out via discord in attempt to fact check before unloading on the forum.

The allocation to non active contributors is less than 6.59%. Active contributors, as defined within the post, receive the overwhelming share of the distribution.

Do note all contributors to this forum post are listed by name.

6 Likes