The purpose of this post is to offer some guidance around Q4 Working Groups proposals, approval, and timeline.
It does not introduce novelty. Rather, it is intended to provide clarity for this upcoming round of Working Group proposals.
Please ask questions!
For improvements to the process that folks identify, let’s be sure we carry those thoughts/ideas into upcoming
Future of Finance discussions
What are we talking about?
Q4 Working Group Proposals
How are those created?
- Proposals should follow the steps provided in Working Groups v1.1 & use the Google Doc template.
- The FC expects ~10+ proposals this quarter and having steps/templates makes it possible to review this volume of work.
What about IIP-85?
- This pending vote need-not delay the drafting and posting of proposals
- IIP-85 Temporary Funding Council Decision Making details a proposed, new final step to approve working groups
- Should IIP-85 pass, approval of Working Groups will be decided via a “Final Vote” Forum Poll. Details are in the IIP. I won’t rehash those right now.
- I expect IIP-85 to go live Monday, September 27th [Note: I will call for the vote explicitly once the 48 hour waiting period has been hit, per our IIP procedure]
These are oriented around the need to get a Grant #5 passed in time to ensure smooth continuity in Coop operations.
Wednesday October 6, 2021 - Last day to post Working Group Proposals to the forums
- Please post any Working Group proposal no later than this date
- This gives the FC only 4 working days to review the final Working Groups proposals, provide feedback, and for a “Final Vote” in time to incorporate the WG into Grant #5 by the below-date
Wednesday October 13, 2021 – FC Grant #5 Drafted/Posted
- We hope to have a draft IIP for Funding Council Grant #5 by this date (see Grant #4 for an example)
- This is a very aggressive deadline that assumes the majority of proposals are posted earlier than 10/6.
- Nonetheless, it is what we are aiming for so that the IIP can run the following Monday 10/18.
Monday October 18th - IIP Grant #5 Snapshot vote live
- Running the Grant #5 vote from Monday October 18 to Thursday October 21 means that it will or won’t pass with 1 week remaining in October.
- This provides some room to adjust if need be.
Whether you currently lead a working group, are considering spinning up a new one, or otherwise have questions, please add them here!