Request for Discussion: Data Economy Index (DATA)

I am a big proponent of this Index - the vision of Web3 relies on decentralized data economies. This sector has massive growth potential, and I believe a substantial short-term AUM to be gained. I have heard rumblings about this type of index at the Coop for a few months, so it is great to see this proposal come through! A few of the highlights of the proposal from my perspective:

Differentiated

Both immediate and long-term growth potential

Strong sector belief, similar to MVI and the Metaverse

Imo, this is the clear next choice for a sector index

Now, onto a couple initial questions that I have:

Could you provide more color behind why these ^ were chosen as the final weights?

What are y’alls thoughts on IP with DATA? GRT tokens have great opportunity to earn via delegation or curation. OCEAN can be staked against data on the Ocean Protocol. NMR can be staked against models if you are a Data Scientist, but also there is a possiblity for lending NMR to data scientists on Aave. Do you envision the Coop taking an active role in these economies using the underlying tokens? What are the possibilities you see there?

I really want to see a DATA index. Looking forward to the review and discussion here. Great work @Thomas_Hepner & @Kiba

5 Likes