**Updated** Request for Feedback: New Product Onboarding Process

Great to see this new process taking shape one step after the other, I believe these improvements make a lot of sense and I’m happy that some of them have been implemented already for the Robot Index onboarding !

I added some comments in document #2 (New Product Onboarding Process), which I thought I would share here as well to get the discussion rolling.

From my experience of recent weeks / month, I found the pre-DG1 product prioritization review conducted in 1:1 with a member of the PWG very useful, but something that both the methodologists and PWG should build upon more for the rest of the process (making it more than recommended ?).

In particular, this can be used as a guideline for the post DG1 checklist and help prioritizing / setting clear deadlines for the work to be completed when several products are going concurrently through the same process. With the view of re-instating a 5% quorum for the DG1 vote, this would also be a further help for the community to base its decision on.

On a separate note, I believe the “idea to DG2 tracker” is also a very good idea which should become a reference dashboard where the community is able to check the status and outcome of each step in the process at any time - notably during our weekly call. More regular updates could be done in collaboration between methodologists & PWG and should include deadlines as mentioned above, link to PRD, clear mention of prioritization score etc.

To finish, it would be very good to confirm in detail how these changes might affect the onboarding of each product still in the pipeline : taking iRobot as an example, nearly all steps have already been completed including the fee discussion with the BD team so is it only the case of preparing the final IIP as per the new template ?

Thanks again ! :pray:

2 Likes