Building the Nest - laying strong foundations

+1 to everything. We are doing a lot of this already but that’s mostly because we’re early and small so codifying it now is great.

We should add something around ethics for adding a particular assets, ideally we will be moving a lot of money and shaping the market so I think we have a moral imperative to make sure it’s going to the right people that make the world better on top of earning profit. Making money is easy, doing the right thing is hard. E.g. don’t add tokens that are run by homophobic community members, seek out women founders, etc. If you really want to focus on money then recent market research shows socially motivated businesses have a premium on their brands and have higher profit margins.

I love Gitcoin and give money pretty regularly but if the intent is to “give back” we should put money towards real world non-profits instead of reinvesting into tech development via Gitcoin. I have a pretty extensive social impact network and can source a ton of awesome projects around the world for us to give to like regenerative farms, indigenous nations, climate change, refugees, etc.

2 Likes