[Discussion] Centralization in Index Coop Governance

@jackiepoo Love this, elegant analysis of where our governance strengths and weaknesses lie

33 deciding votes suggest you have identified at least one not so shadowy super voter @jackiepoo. And I’d love to see these people recognised as KEY members of our community but (and this is just me guessing) I suspect they might fall on the wrong side of the decentralization argument, and I’m all for decentralization, but not at the cost of isolating ourselves from our key stakeholders (founders/investors/supporters).

Keen to see how the council executes sans board level. But from a communications perspective identifying and engaging with stakeholders is a proven, effective means to build shared understanding and alignment on issues that matter. Even with the generous move of 1kx to delegate voting power back to the community, I feel we can continue to enhance stakeholder communication, to build context and awareness for us all.

Just off the top of my head the communication process could look like developing a feedback loop > One forum post: meeting agenda, share via newsletter/Scoop, Discord & Telegram, Socials? > meeting > forum update: meeting summary, gather community questions for next session, advise next meeting date > forum update: Meeting agenda…

Thanks for the heads up on this @Metfanmike this is the first I’ve heard of the meetings with active investors as ongoing (think I’d seen one and thought it was a one-off) perhaps because of my timezone, missing messages in discord? Agree there’s an opportunity to raise awareness of these meetings.

@Deronte big fan of liquid democracy, I looked at delegating too, gas fees = reject

3 Likes