DSM Summary Overview

As a non core hire, I must say that I find the whole process around the DSM to be a little unsatisfactory. A few questions / comments:

1. Do we have a mandate for the DSM?

IIP-118 appears to approve priority hires and “Directional commitment to the DSM and Airdrop”

Was there a follow on vote for the air drop?
Was there a follow on vote for the DSM?

I don’t think there was one for either, but one is happening and the other not…

2. Why is the DSM live for core hires but not other owls?

I understand that compensation was part of the core hire process (and so falls under the core hire process):

However, it seems like all the other owls are being neglected while the gold+ owls build DSM rewards.

Why not start all owls at the same time?

3. Liquidity INDEX is omitted.

I understand the challenges in tracking the number of INDEX held in LP tokens. However, diverse provision pf token liquidity is one of the key signs of health for a protocol. The implementation of the DSM actually, removes community members from being part of the INDEX decentralisation.

I admit I’m biased here, I don’t like centralised liquidity. I much prefer to have many smaller actors providing liquidity than single entities. Using the DSM to ENCOURAGE community member to LP would do a great deal to diversify the breath (and stickyness) of INDEX liquidity.

I’m doubly biased on this point, as I’m currently using > 3,000 INDEX to provide liquidity, and I would plan to increase this to >5,000 INDEX in the near future. With the implementation of the DSM, I would be financially incentivised to remove all my Liquidity from the chain.

Can we design the DSM to encourage INDEX liquidity?

5 Likes