Goal: $DPI is listed on all major exchanges by June 2021.
This post will outline the current exchange listing strategy and provide community members with insights into the current status of $DPI exchange listing. This is exciting new ground for all of us, so please share feedback and ideas on how to make this better!
Overview: More than 75% of $DPI holders hold less than 10 $DPI. These investors gain tremendous benefits from $DPI. For wallets of this size, gas costs quickly become an insurmountable obstacle. At this point in time small investors simply cannot use L1 infrastructure to efficiently gain exposure to the broader DeFi marketplace across multiple protocols. This dynamic drives much of $DPI’s massive demand.
Currently $DPI is primarily listed on Decentralized Exchanges, this inherently limits the investor pool and prevents many investors without Web 3.0 access from investing. By expanding to centralized exchanges $DPI will be able to radically increase the number of investors, especially across our core demographic of small wallets. This effort is aligned with our long-term strategic vision of becoming a platform that enables non-technical investors to access the same returns as highly technical crypto insiders.
Status: $DPI is listed across multiple decentralized exchanges and smaller fiat on-ramps such as Matcha, Hotbit, Gate, Bilaxy. The next stage of our strategy is the expansion to non-US based fiat on-ramp exchanges such as Bitstamp and Bitmart. Once we are listed on non-US based exchanges, the next step will be to achieve listing on the major US-based exchanges.
As Index Coop moves into the next stage of our growth, it will be useful to lay out a community led plan for achieving 100% exchange listing by Q2 2021. While this is an ambitious goal, Index is also one of the most capable projects currently operating on Ethereum, this is well within our capability. In order to make this happen we need to establish a funding base that will enable Index to cover the many costs associated with exchange listing such as lawyer fees and market making.
We are currently researching and building relationships across exchanges and working through the listing process at each exchange. At a tactical level this process can be broken down into three unique steps.
- Initial contact and relationship building
- The primary obstacle here is simply figuring out who to talk to at each exchange and getting the necessary introductions
- Formal listing application
- The primary obstacle here is ensuring that we meet the regulatory requirements at each exchange
- Providing seed listing liquidity
- While not all exchanges require us to provide seed liquidity this may be a source of friction further down the road
- February 15, 2021
- $DPI listed on Bitstamp and Bitmart
- April 15, 2021
- $DPI is listed on all major non-US based fiat on-ramp exchanges
- June, 2021
- $DPI is listed globally on all fiat on-ramp exchanges including Coinbase, Kraken, and Binance
- Non-Security Letter
- Market Makers
Would love to hear what the community thinks and ways we can improve this process!!!