IIP-148: Delegate Aave to Governance House EOA Address

Hey Matthew, thanks for the clear conversation in the MoneyTalks session earlier this week in relation to GovHouse. I feel better about the proposal. I get the market-shifting power of metagovernance and unchecked, it scares me. This is not hyperbole. Mishandled, today it has the power to undo /bury the Index Coop, and in time, it will have the power to damage defi.

This said, I do think IC has been underserving metagovernance, and in the absence of progress, GovHouse might be the right solution.

But the subDAO has not yet been established by IC.

I am seeking to understand, but I think in FIP-78, I think you are already asking FEI to change the stkAAVE address from the Index MGC to the GovHouse (multi sig?):

In the “AAVE ARC - Adding Multi-Collateral DAI to the Aave ARC Market” you are also suggesting GovHouse is already a part of Index:

There are a couple other examples where GovHouse is eluded to as kind of a done deal. I think the time and advocacy you have put into standing up GovHouse is exactly what is needed to turn the power of Metagovernance into reality. I applaud you for that and directionally you are making all the right moves to harness this power. However, I do think we need to come to a decision on if / how to move forward with GovHouse before we start shifting addresses.

damn. these take forever to write.

8 Likes