IIP-2 Index Addition Proposal Structure

Fees: I think we should keep it open so an index has the flexibility to structure fees for their particular strategy. Ideally we could experiment over time with the same index, is it possible to change fees once the contracts are deployed? Maybe we have a default setting but I don’t know what that would be.

I wrote a proposal for a NFT index that covers both meta-index and marketing coordination. Before anyone reads this I want to be very clear:

The contents of this document do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of MetaFactory. We did not finish writing this proposal and it was not approved by our community. We do not endorse any of the tokens mentioned nor the methodology described.

Ok that being said - we had a dank proposal. We just couldn’t come to an agreement on tokens and didn’t want the distraction of managing the index taking away from building other products. If you read the proposal I think it explains how a meta-index works and how to go about marketing coordination.

I assume since DPI is an ERC-20 that all indices will be ERC20s. Since an index is composed of ERC20s, you can create an index (the meta) that contains ERC20s of other indices (the subs). Each sub-index can be have various strategies and the meta-index composes those strategies for a more generalized and stable approach, in this case the NFT market.

To your point @puniaviision we were focused on highlighting our brand’s power to promote the index and provide value beyond just the tokens inside. Again we did not finish writing the proposal since the DAO community was against it but I definitely think it’s way better than NFT Pulse proposal. @Lauracroft213 brands have immense value and they definitely can manage an index. We shouldn’t rely on an ‘influencer’ individual but a brand is an established entity with strong command of the market .