IIP-29 Activate DPI Intrinsic Productivity

Personally, I’m much more in favour of kicking off intrinsic productivity on MVI first:

• Compared to most underlying tokens in DPI there are higher yields available on wBTC, ETH and DAI even if just using a simple Compound strategy (yYFI is currently yielding < 3%).
  • No external integrations / CEX listings.
  • While the rebalances are more frequent, they are likely to be much simpler (and the rebalances are the hard part).

When we implement Intrinsic productivity for DPI (it is inevitable :slight_smile: ), I would argue for all the income to goto INDEXcoop and we can decide how to allocate that income (offsetting streaming fees down to zero, liquidity mining DPI…).

I don’t like staking for income as it prevents the holder from using the token for other uses and it adds more contract to be deployed and maintained. Also, until we get L2 staking, it becomes a gas drain for smaller stakers.

Creating a xDPI is possible (whether we have sufficient AUM to split it), but it would be an additional product to launch and integrate with the rest of DeFI.

2 Likes