IIP-63 MVI Liquidity Mining - August 2021

Hi @overanalyser

I am FOR LM incentives on MVI. I do however think that we should be tying to grow this product more rather than settling for a $5M pool size. If we are seeing the quantity on LP grow over time, this tells me LM is successful at creating on-chain liquidity.

The key for me is quantity of LP tokens, if that has grown recently then LM is somewhat effective. I don’t think we see this on DPI. I am therefore more encouraged to push harder on MVI to attain growth. I still have my thoughts on how efficient LM is but we only have a hammer atm so this looks like a nail :wink:

I honestly believe we should try grow MVI by targeting a larger pool size. Why not $10M now ? We launched with a $5M goal, that feels like ancient history now. Let’s grow this product so we can start pushing for integrations.

I guess the main think I am challenging here is not if we should do LM, but why target a $5M pool. I want to see this product grow and grow significantly before we turn LM rewards off.

With a large reduction in DPI LM rewards in August compared to July, we now find ourselves able to allocate some of that capital to MVI whilst still improving Index Coop’s overall financial position. I want to see PWG grow MVI and get it established within DeFi. I believe the community wants meaningful growth from MVI and on-chain liquidity can certainly unlock avenues to drive growth. I don’t think we have sufficiently liquidity on-chain to enable things like lending protocol listings.

5 Likes