IIP-138: MVI Revised Fee Split and Streaming Fee Increase

@Matthew_Graham @Metfanmike could you please elaborate on why MVI incentives are an argument against treating MVI same as every other product?

Incentives for MVI were voted on by the community. We didn’t propose the incentive program. The first LM program was proposed by overanalyser. Back then, we had a supermajority rule where if a proposal received over 80% of the vote on the forum, it didn’t go to snapshot. MVI liquidity mining program got 100% FOR vote.

@Matthew_Graham was advocating for increased incentives for MVI in June.

In July, there was again a conversation about incentives and the Snapshot vote that passed with circa 85% support. The proposal was from OA as the one overseeing liquidity for IC’s products. Please read the entire thread, but here are some snippets.

In August, there was another discussion on MVI incentives. Again, please read it. Here are some comments from the thread. IIP-63 passed with 85% support.

After the incentives ran out, Matthew Graham proposed another 30-day incentive program to incentivise migration of liquidity to Uni v3. This passed with 97% support but was never executed. Please note that none of the liquidity mining incentives proposals came from myself or DFC, and we were not actively advocating one way or the other. On occasions that we did engage in the debate, we did so to provide information and our perspective on market conditions and LP behaviour.

Given the above, I’m not sure why MVI incentives are being used against us.

It’s a fair question but I think it misses the point. When MVI transitioned to fee split, the proposed 70-30 split was in line with every other thematic index at the time, DPI and DATA. Now that we have proposed the transition to the post-gas split, it again is in line with every other thematic index operating on a post-gas arrangement, DATA and GMI. All we did throughout was propose whatever the standard arrangement was for comparable products.

Fundamentally, it just comes down to whether you believe MVI should be treated differently from every other product.

I won’t talk about the P2E index too much. But IC decided to launch a product with close to 70% overlap with MVI and didn’t reach out to us even once to discuss. Would you have launched an internal product with 70% overlap with DPI and not talk to DFP at all?

Does that seem fair or aligned with IC’s code of conduct and principles?

3 Likes