IIP-72 Redirect FLI Revenue to Operations Account

@Matthew_Graham confirming I am queuing this up for IIP to go live 6pm UTC 16th August.

2 Likes

Please do good sir :slight_smile:

Can we just hold off till I get that comment back from the Engineering team please. FLI team is in support of using the income this way, but just to double check this has no other implications on permissions outside FLI income etc.

Apologies, I edited my post above to add that detail and can see from the language I used it was unclear that is what I meant.

2 Likes

This will require some smart contract work to get off the ground. Currently the StreamingFeeSplitExtension only allows the fees to be directed to the operator of the manager contract. Rewriting the extension to allow the operator to set an arbitrary recipient should not be particularly difficult, but will still be a non-trivial change that will require code review, new deployments, and multi-sig transactions to remove the old extension and add the new one.

Tagging @dylan to comment on how we would fit this into our timeline

6 Likes

Thanks @ncitron. Based on that info, I would say please schedule the vote @Pepperoni_Joe, @Matthew_Graham.

3 Likes

Thanks @Matthew_Graham, @afromac - we have scheduled this IIP for Monday 23rd of August.

snapshot vote here

cc: @mel.eth

3 Likes

This IIP has successfully passed snapshot with 100% FOR. :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Hi @dylan @ncitron

Can we please learn when the FLI revenue is to be redirect to the Operations Account.

2 Likes

Hi @dylan @ncitron

Just noting the IIP passed around about a month ago. If it can not be implement promptly, can EWG advise a timeline as to when this will be completed?

It would be great to have this change implemented before calling the Fee Manager contracts for months end reporting.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there is a blocker here that requires us to run through some more serious manager upgrades before we can implement IIP-72. I will see if their is a way to get around this problem or at the least get a timeline for when it can happen soon.

2 Likes

FYI this work has been flagged for revisiting assumptions & potential scoping in the upcoming sprint.

2 Likes

You are a legend @dylan and thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @dylan,

Can we please get a progress on implementing IIP-72 ?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

The execution doc for IIP-72 has been completed. We need to do a couple contract deployments and then can execute the multisig transactions.

Sorry for the delays, there’s definitely been some juggling these past few weeks. I’d like to get this completed by next sprint (Wed. Dec 1st).

3 Likes

This work is being wrapped into IIP-62 (Base Manager contract upgrades) to avoid duplication of work. More details are in this thread: IIP-64: Methodologist Smart Contract Permissioning - #22 by dylan

1 Like

Hi Set Labs,

Due to the delays in implementing this proposal. May Index Coop kindly request that the FLI products held in the Treasury be transferred to the Operations Account ?
Attn: @dylan, @puniaviision and @anon10525910.

The IIP passed in August. Over 4 months has passed and we are yet to implement this IIP. This is a tad concerning as not it is affecting day to day operations.

2 Likes

This transfer will be batched along with IIP-109 and IIP-114.

Implementation of this IIP has already begun, however like I mentioned above the base manager upgrades this requires are sensitive and must be executed perfectly. EWG has prioritized getting code reviews completed from Set on intrinsic productivity rebalances first. These should be up for review next.

2 Likes

All ETH2x-FLI + BTC2x-FLI have been transferred to the Operations account.

2 Likes

These manager upgrades to ETH2x-FLI and BTC2x-FLI have been completed. Any IC revenue accrued to ETH2x-FLI or BTC2x-FLI will be sent to the Operations account.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @dylan :slight_smile: