IIP-92: Meta-Governance Committee 2.0

I don’t have much to add to my late comments on IIP-51 but I’ll try and be a bit more explicit in what I’m looking to have answered. While I find the implementation of the renewed initiative a bit odd, at least until I can get Ethereum block numbers to show up on my Google calendar, my main concerns here are around:

1. Why is it important that IC vote in every metagov vote?
  2. Why is it important to have a quorum on metagov votes? Has a reduction or removal of quorum been considered?
  3. Monthly elections and rewards for the MGC will become more formalized with the passing of this IIP and equate to approximately 1 FT non-tech-contributor reward package . . . is it worth it?
  4. How do ambassadors inform the process and should we formalize that initiative within this one?
  5. Are representatives free to vote their own interests, or is there an expectation by the community that they will put personal interests aside and vote in favor of Coop sustainability, should those two things be at odds? If the latter, should that be made explicit? Should COI disclosure requirements for MGC voters be established?

I realize I’m asking a lot. The work on this proposal, the efforts by the MCG, and any forthcoming responses are all super appreciated. Thank you.

5 Likes