IIP-92: Meta-Governance Committee 2.0

A little hack to add approx ETH blocks to your calendar: Ethereum Blocks #13530000 | Etherscan

I know it seems odd, but I strongly subscribe to the idea that we need to use ETH blocks for dates. Our organization lives on the blockchain and blocks are the fundamental unit of time on blockchains. This standard is starting to be built into recent IIPs: the recent OTC sale’s voting rights unlock at a given block, DATA’s offboard options are tied to specific block deadlines, etc. Given this group works with on-chain actions, defining terms by specific blocks will reduce any possible confusion over who has what authority to take what action at a given time.

I am a strong believer in completing some form of COI disclosure (see mine here, if folks need a template TrotNixonLine - COI Disclosure. However the community will vote and decide on their representatives if they elect ones who do not disclose, that is their decision.

As for the importance of metagov, I think it is one of the key-value props of the Index Token. Our power is large, and not voting can cause protocols to miss quorum on their respective votes, especially as our vote holdings grow. It is essential for us to be good crypto citizens and the MGC helps facilitate that.

5 Likes