Metaverse Index - updated proposal w/ new methodology

Thank you @verto0912 for taking the time to answer my thoughts!

I read up on other proposals to get a feel for INDEX’s methodologies and agree that subjective selections of tokens are not the right approach.

I assume the first step is to come up with a methodology for which NFT-themed tokens to include? Would be good to hear your thoughts on which project KPIs are relevant here.

Agreed and IMO this is the biggest issue for NFT-backed tokens right now. However, I expect things to get better within the next 6-12 months. This medium post is a good read.

Agree with you. I think it’s too early right now to find “mature” NFT projects to include into the index fund. If we launch such an index fund within the next 6 months, it’ll very likely be too volatile and not what INDEX endusers are looking to invest in.

How about we continue to collect suitable token projects and Metaverse funds and observe them over the next 6-12 months? This way, we can watch NFT land to further mature and will get a proper overview of potential assets to include into the fund.

TL;DR: Considering that we need sound methodologies to craft a proper index fund, I agree that it’s too early right now. I’d feel more confident to develop a model in 6-12 months.

What do you think is the best approach to collect data until then?

1 Like