Methodologist Contract-Level Permissioning Discussion

That seems completely reasonable. Kiba and I will definitely want this for the Data Economy Index and I imagine that other Methodologists will as well.

Love to hear it! This is definitely in the spirit of Autonomy for the Index Cooperative.

Yes, this is really important to get right. Creating the right structure such that the Index Cooperative cannot unilaterally change agreements/contracts with Methodologists is vital to building trust and long-term relationships.

I would change “DFP” to “Methodologists” here. I think we need guardrails that at a minimum prevent the following:

• Methodologists wildly deviating from their own Methodology without agreement from Index Coop (i.e. adding/removing/changing allocation weights for tokens not consistent with the methodology).
  • Index Coop unilaterally changing fee / compensation structure without Methodologist’s agreement.

Who are the directly responsible individuals (DRIs) for creating an agreement and bringing to the community? This really seems like you need a Methodologist (DFP), Set Labs engineering representative (@dylan?), and two community members - maybe a Community Methodologist (@verto0912 , @DarkForestCapital ) and someone from Treasury Working Group (@Matthew_Graham , @AcceleratedCapital , @prairiefi , @ElliottWatts )?

@DarkForestCapital , @Matthew_Graham , and @verto0912 already have tons of responsibilities on their plate. Are there other community members or contributors we would feel confident in leading this effort?

2 Likes