Nexus Mutual Insurance Listing

The new Nexus Mutual cover terms are attractive and it would be a good look for Index Coop to be listed under its own name. Currently not listed/visible at all…minimal effort to get listed.

"Following a successful member vote Nexus Mutual Smart Contract Cover will become Protocol Cover on 26th April 2021 at 9am GMT.

Nexus Mutual Protocol Cover: what’s covered?

• Widens coverage to include oracle, economic and governance attacks.
  • Covers non-Ethereum smart contracts.
  • Specifically includes coverage of Layer 2 aspects.
  • Covers all instances of a protocol regardless of which chain they are deployed on.
  • Introduces a cool down period allowing claims assessors to deny claims if submitted within 72 hours of the event.

Curious to see how this conversation develops!

Linking to this post for added context: IndexCoop Shield Mining

This is kind of something I would expect the product working group to look at. Maybe I’m off the mark here, but I suspect not many folks in the community have a deep enough understanding of the DeFi insurance space to have an educated debate. I personally don’t and will look to those smarter than me on the subject for guidance.

1 Like

To clarify, the problem is that cover is technically available via Sets 2, but no one associates Index products with Sets, so there is never cover available. Index want to launch new big, low-risk, yield -bearing products for DAO treasuries and maybe institutions/corporates (like Nexus) but NXM staking on Sets will never catch up to the demand…so the discussion is whether listing Index in its own name and referencing its flagship products will encourage staking. My view is that only a shield-mining project with INDEX for NXM stakers will get the message across. This has been proposed before, but not discussed since Nexus changed the terms of their cover. Can we please unify this discussion with past discussions?

Related proposals:

See discussion of smart contract risk for the new potentially insurance constrained SYI product-

SYI = Stable Yield Index