Proposal : Robot Index Working Group (RIWG) - **Temperature Check poll added**

I think this proposal deserves attention and hope to see many weigh in on this structure - we are setting another foundation for how we support internal products at the Coop.

I am trying to think into a future where we have many internal products launched - do all these products have their own working groups? It feels more likely that we will want a more modular structure…

For example - in the Organization section, we seem to be able to cover 3 of the 4 bullets with current working groups:

• data analysis - AWG
  • marketing & growth - GWG
  • product development - PWG

The “Market Research” and rebalancing is really what we require a methodologist to bring to the table, whether they are internal or external. So maybe a better route is just look look at bringing rebalancing and market research capabilities into a structure like the Simple Indices Pod?

I think it makes sense to think about dedicated resources to market research (see below) for existing products and future products - maybe as a sub-function of PWG or AWG, or maybe its own WG?

In summary, I think it might make more sense to explore what it looks like to support this product with the fee split coming back to the Coop w/out actually creating a Working Group dedicated to one product. Looking forward, I am not sure this is the best foundation for internal products.

Looking forward to feedback on this!

4 Likes