PROPOSED: IIP-134: Index Coop Retrospective Airdrop

Hi all,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my own views now that the call for snapshot has been made. As part of Finance Nest, I have a commitment to serve the community and deliver irrespective of my own personal views. I feel I have been able to present the above airdrop model in the spirit as proposed within this original post. Of which was part of the INDEX 2.0 initiative led by community nest. I’d like to also thank the other members who helped in creating this model and pushing it forward in the best interest of the community @Hammad1412 @Metfanmike @Matthew_Graham and @prairiefi.

I will be voting against this proposal, I do not think that a retrospective airdrop truly incentivises people in the long run and does not achieve the ultimate goal of increasing community ownership we see monthly a large proportion of $INDEX distributed to contributors sold with retention rate being low I think the same would come of an airdrop. If we want to reward people for growing the organisation into what we all hope it can be then we need to incentivise a successful future state and not the past.

I also agree with @edwardk and hold many of the same views regarding runway and the utilisation of the Index treasury. We should be focused on creating a profitable business that is laser-focused on launching profitable products that have a great market fit. Over the last 4-5 months I feel as though the community at large has been somewhat distracted by the amount of change we have gone through, some good some unnecessary at this point in our growth cycle. I am therefore hoping that season 1 brings about a cultural change within the organisation with the realisation that if we do not create a successful business then an airdrop or future incentive model really won’t matter when INDEX is worthless and we have nothing left in the treasury.

I do not mean for this to sound all doom and gloom because it’s not. We have a fantastic team that is capable of driving us forward through the next decade, we just need to all start rowing in the same direction with less internal disagreement and red tape. 100 visions and opinions on every decision that is made just bogs us down in a sector that is so fast-paced and fast-moving. We need direction and imho we cannot achieve that as a DAO it just does not work. It is therefore welcoming to hear comments from @setoshi regarding a CEO model whilst we navigate difficult times.

I would like to hear more regarding your thoughts on how this can be achieved. And would also be keen to hear your thoughts around what our KPI’s and north stars should be for the next year and beyond.

Conflict of interest disclaimer - I am a beneficiary of this airdrop, but I would rather set aside personal financial gain to grow a business I am proud to work in for years to come.

9 Likes