PROPOSED: IIP-134: Index Coop Retrospective Airdrop

This opinion represents my own views, and does not represent Set Lab’s views. I come from the perspective of someone who wants IC to succeed and for $INDEX to be worth $100.

One thing that Index Coop needs to do is to make a turnaround happen. As of now, $INDEX price is going down, because it’s not launching profitable products and it is emitting $INDEX tokens to community members in unsustainable manner that does not support the launching and growth of successful products. Index Coop needs to make significant changes such as redoing how it allocates resources, hiring the right NEW product / Eng folks, and getting the right leaders / people in place. The biggest issue today is that Index Coop is a bureaucratic DAO, in which there is significant political messes / nothing truly getting done vs. a CEO DAO or Autonomous DAO. IMO - These are the real issues that need to be addressed and we need to fund people / initiatives that get us closer to this new state where products are getting launched, there are sufficient incentives for the right people, IC is innovating on products / growth, and ultimately $INDEX is going up

This initiative seems to support more the status quo (no significant change than what Index Coop needs and bolstering the power of existing community members that may not have the skills / influence to make the change needed). Thus, I am generally against this set of incentives and want us to think more about first noting 1) what does Index Coop need to succeed and then 2) creating incentives that move the community there.

13 Likes