What are you proposing?
We are proposing the funding of a Treasury & Product Working Group for an initial 3 month phase ending on 22nd June with the view of extending beyond, subject to community approval.
What is the core problem(s) you want to solve?
The core problem we are trying to solve is to put a structure in place for managing our capital and maintaining our products. We also need a core focused group of people working to manage our products and enhance their useability within the DeFi ecosystem.
Why is this worth addressing today?
When DFC took on the treasury committee role, the intention (set out in this post) was to improve transparency and innovate around the treasury and tokenomics. We have since published our first financial report, communicated our goals and will soon implement a smart treasury. Looking forward, we need to distribute tokens to the community, fund growth, mitigate risks and protect our purchasing power for the long term.
For our products to realise their full potential, we need to maximise their usability, market appeal and find a way to make them productive in a safe manner. Having data to shape our decisions is vital to the success of Index Coop.
How will you address it?
Given the skill sets and the type of people involved, we noticed most people interested in Treasury are also interested in data and improving our products useability within the ecosystem. Therefore, we are opting to combine the Treasury and Product into a single working group.
What impact will this project have?
- Develop structures for diversifying and managing the treasury.
- Incorporate our products across the DeFi ecosystem improving their usability.
- Understand how the assets within our products can be used to generate yield
- Work team analysis supporting DG2
Working Group Leader(s)
- Product Lead: Over Analyser
- Treasury Lead: DFC
- Treasury co-lead: Matthew Graham
As DFC will be taking on the role of MVI community methodologist, it is expected that the lead role will be handed over in time.
Request for Funding
Contributor rewards - as per Treasury Committee framework (impact, effort, alignment with goals). A provisional budget is shown below:
- $5k over 3 months for smart contract work/gas costs and other miscellaneous items
Organization - How will it work?
What will you be doing?
- Smart Treasury Balancer Pool
- Governance Staking Rewards
- Methodologist Fee Menu Structure
- Liquidity Mining Framework
- Monthly Financial Report
- Extrinsic & Intrinsic productivity
- Apply clear, consistent, professional accounting methods
- Liquidity Mining analysis and associated publications
- Work team analysis supporting DG2
- KPI Rewards Program - Early Draft
- Contributor Rewards Currency Choice
- Investment Account Strategy
- Everyday Account Financial Forecasting
- OTC INDEX Offering
- Potential Strategic Raise
- Contributor Token Ownership Plan
- Investment Account Funding Allocation
How will you interface with the community?
- Governance Forum Posts
- Weekly Presentation during Org Work Session Meeting
- Index Coop account publications
- #Organization, #Treasury and #Product dedicated channels in Discord
We are committed to Index Coop principles
We are committed to serving the entire Index Coop with our work.
We are committed to open, rapid communication: we know that clear, constant, public communication lifts up the entire Index Coop community. We are committed to this style of communication.
Shared learnings: We will share our progress and learnings with the entire community. We will ensure that anything created is accessible beyond our own tenure for future generations of Indexers to access & build on.
Intellectual honesty: We are committed to growth and improvement. We are open to feedback and will use feedback to improve our work for the benefit of the entire Coop community.
We are committed to making Index Coop a welcoming, fun, and engaging community to work in!
- For -Create the Treasury and Product Working Group as outlined
- Against - Do not create the working group as outlined