There is an opportunity to run a campaign with Rabbithole, to reward voters with Index tokens for participating in a meta-governance vote. While not strictly a growth activity, this will be run as a GWG experiment and uses the GWG memo format to frame the proposal.
By rewarding users who vote through the rabbithole campaign we can increase voter engagement and educate people about the Index Coop and meta-governance, as well as getting some momentum behind the use of Boardroom as a dashboard for IC voting.
Recently the Index Coop failed to reach quorum and deploy a vote on Compound-38. The proposal on Compound failed to meet quorum more generally, but as a large token holder we should be doing our best to meet our own quorum requirements. The Index Coop investment committee is focused specifically on building links to projects that underly our indexes, and our voting record is a reflection of our commitment to taking metagovernance seriously.
Boardroom will soon launch a new dashboard designed to make interacting with a project’s governance more accessible and enjoyable, something we should be acutely sensitive to as we have both internal and meta-governance votes, increasing risk of voter apathy.
We can test the hypothesis by measuring the number of tokens and unique addresses that participate in votes during the campaign. For reference, the most recent voting results are shown below:
- Comp 38: 23 wallets, ~29K INDEX
- Comp-37: 50 wallets, ~152K INDEX
- Comp 35 19 wallets, ~110K INDEX
- Uni 3: 69 wallets, ~116K INDEX
- Create a campaign with a single action on rabbithole.gg, to vote on an Index Coop meta-governance proposal (can be linked to snapshot in the background, but campaign link will take users to Boardroom)
- Track users interacting through Boardroom front-end, noting number of voters on each snapshot
- Run experiment for 4 weeks to give sufficient time for meta-governance proposals to take place. Current plan is first 100 unique addresses are rewarded with 1 Index token.
How to Measure:
Track the number of voters on meta-governance proposals during the campaign, through both Boardroom engagement and number of addresses/INDEX tokens being used to vote.
100 Index will be provided as rewards to users who vote, 1 token per voter for the first 100. Rabbithole charges $2k to run the campaign bringing the total to 100 INDEX + $2k of Index at the time of payment.
*Updated to reflect increased cost