Setting Up a Simple Indices Pod

@puniaviision @Pepperoni_Joe @dylan

Thank you for this thoughtful and detailed proposal.

Here are my initial questions and comments:

1. How will we know if the Simple Indices Pod is a successful experiment? What the metric(s) for success?
  1. Would the Simple Indices Pod own and define the roadmap and prioritization of Simple Index products? Is the plan to split the Work Team Prioritization process into one prioritization for the Simple Indices Pod and one for Leverage Products Pod? How would products that do not neatly fall into either Simple Indices or Leverage Products be prioritized, if at all?

Maybe a question I’m asking is how does a Methodologist know when/if their product will be launched with Index Cooperative after community discussions and a FOR DG1 vote? Is the Simple Indices Pod responsible for managing relationships between IC and Methodologists for simple index products?

1. This is a bit of a nitpick, but I think you mean Making sure rebalances happen at regular intervals as defined by Methodologist given that not all products will be rebalanced monthly (i.e. DATA index is proposing quarterly rebalancings).
  1. This is also a bit of nitpick, but do you mean Metagovernance for DPI or Metagoverance for all simple index products?
  1. Will this be in consultation with External and Community Methodologists? As an aspiring External Methodologist, should I be interfacing with the Simple Indices Pod to determine an LM strategy at product launch and beyond?
1 Like