A startup is a company focused on creating a new way of doing things and designed to grow fast. To grow really fast requires a company to (a) make something lots of people want, and (b) reach and serve all those people — Paul Graham, Startup = Growth
The Index Coop is a startup
We are creating a new way to launch, grow, and maintain trustworthy crypto assets, and we are trying to grow fast by making those products simple, safe & widely accessible.
I believe that if we think like founders and apply proven startup principles, we increase our chances of ongoing success. It is one lens to apply to what we are building together.
For folks who are excited to learn, talk about, and apply startup principles to the Coop, here are 7 blog posts and 6 books I believe are fundamental for developing the startup mindset
- A Dozen lessons about product/market fit - Tren Griffin
- Relentlessly Resourceful - Paul Graham
- Speed as a habit - Dave Girouard
- Intellectual Honesty - Tomasz Tunguz
- Let process be implemented by those who practice it - Yishan Wong
- Understanding Abundance (Series) - Alex Danco
- “Proprietary Product Distribution” is Better than Sliced Bread - Tren Griffin
- A Dozen Lessons for Entrepreneurs - Tren Griffin
- The Lean Startup - Eric Ries
- Zero to One - Peter Thiel
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things - Ben Horowitz
- The Great CEO Within - Matt Mochary
- Crossing the Chasm - Geoffrey Moore
If you decide to start reading any one of those, please let me know I’ll reread it too so we can talk about what we’re learning and how we can apply those learnings to the Coop.