Protocol Ambassador Program
As Index Coop continues to immerse itself financially within the DeFi ecosystem, we need to also further immerse ourselves socially. Having strong relationships with each of the protocols underlying $DPI and any future indices creates an unforkable moat and provides us with an advantage in terms of supporting $DPI, $MVI and other future products.
Our proposed solution for achieving this is the Protocol Ambassador Program. Under this program, one member of the Index Coop community will be assigned to each of the protocols underlying DPI. The protocols which currently allow for meta-governance voting or that are likely to offer value to Index Coop (e.g., listing DPI as collateral, partnerships, etc.) will be prioritized.
Proposed Scope of Work / Role:
Ambassadors ideally already have a close relationship and/or understanding of the protocol within DPI they are matched with. At this time, we view this role more as someone who reports back and advises Index Coop rather than someone who does outreach to these protocols (so that there is no accidental conflict with BD efforts). This may change over time.
There are a few proposed specific responsibilities to this role set forth below:
- Monitor the protocol’s governance forum and Discord for developments that may be relevant to Index Coop. This includes, without limitation:
- upcoming meta-governance proposals
- news/updates that may affect the protocol or our products
- general protocol sentiment about any of the above
- Reporting back to Index Coop re: any updates as they occur
- Review/draft synopses of live meta-governance votes, as needed
- Assist with efforts:
- to unlock meta-governance capabilities for the protocol, if applicable
- to list DPI as collateral, if appropriate
- with respect to other partnership-building projects as needed
- Potentially serve as a delegate to (i) pool support for initiatives at the underlying protocol that brings value to DPI / Index Coop and/or (ii) as part of a meta-governance voting committee, if pursued/approved by the IC community, in which case each ambassador will likely need to be elected by Index Coop.
Compensation: we propose that ambassadors are compensated for their time through the normal monthly contributor rewards system [to be discussed].
Please reach out if you are interested in potentially serving in this role for a particular protocol within DPI you already know well.