Launching the Index Coop Ambassador Program
The Index Coop Protocol Ambassador Program has kicked off! We want to provide an overview as to who our Protocol Ambassadors are and what their responsibilities look like.
In short, the Protocol Ambassador Program is designed to give us a better pulse on the DeFi ecosystem by having individuals dedicated to monitoring each of the protocols within DPI.
General Responsibilities of Each Ambassador
Protocol Ambassadors primarily serve a reporting and information-gathering function to Index Coop, rather than an outreach function. Protocol Ambassadors are independent advisors to Index Coop, reporting back updates and input from specific protocols. The goal is to make sure that Index Coop is kept aware of the latest developments, plans and sentiment for each of the protocols within DPI whenever relevant to Index Coop.
Reporting: remaining up to date on developments at the protocol to which the Protocol Ambassador is assigned and reporting back to Index Coop and/or the Meta-Governance Committee (if MGC IIP is approved by community) any relevant updates. This might include:
- Monitoring the protocol’s governance forum / Discord or otherwise keeping up with relevant news, projects and community sentiment and flagging when there are any updates that would be relevant to Index Coop
- Goal is to flag those updates that are most useful to Index Coop (e.g., if a protocol is seeking to diversify its treasury, list new assets, engage in new partnerships, etc.)
- Meta-Gov: for those protocols which currently allow for meta-gov voting (Uniswap, Aave, Compound, Balancer and Yearn), consulting with the Meta-Governance Committee (again, if passed) in the event it requires any protocol-specific insight into a particular meta-gov proposal
Other: assisting with efforts
- to unlock meta-governance capabilities for the protocol, if applicable
- to list DPI as collateral, if appropriate
- with respect to other partnership-building projects as needed
- to support initiatives others have initiated with your protocol (e.g., by helping whip up support, etc.)
We will check in regularly to see if there are any new updates. Updates can always be added in the #governance-work channel on the Index Coop Discord or directly with Cedrick#2849 or Lavi#3955.
Protocol-Specific Ideas for Maximizing Impact
Beyond the general responsibilities above, Protocol Ambassadors are encouraged to think about more ambitious initiatives specific to their protocol that they might be able to help create. For example, consider @Matthew_Graham’s work seeking to have DPI and Uniswap V2 DPI-ETH LP listed on Aave. If you have any specific ideas, please flag those and we can help make sure you get the appropriate resources needed.
*Only protocols in bold currently have meta-governance voting live.
Protocol Ambassadors with updates to report back to Index Coop or who otherwise are assisting with related initiatives are encouraged to note these contributions in the Index Coop monthly contributor rewards spreadsheet to be compensated.