Another month has flown by in the nest, so time for an update from CDWG. This has been our second month officially as a WG.
Quick reminder of our goals:
- Improve perception of the Coop’s design execution:
- Internal: qualitative feedback signals from community members that our design and marketing assets have ‘significantly stepped up’. Could be via a poll and/or comments from community members and key stakeholders such as Biz Dev, Sales, GWG, etc. We can take a regular pulse on this
- Externally: harder to gauge without a significant project we lack resources for now, but internal feedback signals above at scale should be directionally significant and correlated with external opinions
- If the update website project is greenlit (more info in future post)
- Publish updated planning docs and trackers (largely built)
- Design Figma files for new website (gating function, to earn greenlight from community and large stakeholders if design execution is highly rated)
- Assist in planning resourcing, build, testing and release
- Attract 100% more people to the group in the first iteration of CDWG: double head count from three to six
- Have clearly understood locations for community members to:
- Submit design requests and track them through delivery
- Find assets and files of any kind
Progress against specific goals in June: (appraisal against general goals to be made at a future date)
Website design & build project:
– @Martin designed and advanced the product pages (DPI, MVI, etc), the About Us page, Methodologists page, Institutions page (v2) and 404 page. View designs here. Martin is now designing and advancing the app site, before a post is made to the forum regarding website designs and seeking a vote FOR/AGAINST building them
– @Emil_ETH and @Gekonn then began work test building in Webflow. This is early stage testing and learning
– I’ve started working with @Dylan to plan technical side of the website build and release timeline. @DefiJesus is now tech liaison to CDWG for this project, which is exciting.
Attracted more designers: we met our goal of attracting six designers last month and now have eight designers in CDWG. We have so much talent now, we will seek to achieve a small budget increase for CDWG II (post coming soon).
Locations to a) make design requests via and b) find design assets and resources: part a) was solved last month - design request form lives here. Part b) has now been fully solved too (it was partially solved last month, but not optimized), thanks to help from @Gekonn and @Static121. These guys have built this Design Archive which links out to a myriad of Drive sub-folders. Please find Coop design assets for your needs there - and let us know your feedback on the experience! We will be spreading news of this new resource in meeting decks and Discord channels.
Other design highlights in June to check out:
- New branding has been rolled out across Google Slides decks by @Martin and @Gekonn. You can find examples to follow for your decks and WG here, as well as being used for the Weekly Call and other group calls now. Please make copies of these Slides files, then update your copy version, to not mess up others’ work. We will also be spreading news of this new resource in meeting decks and Discord channels.
– The brand framework was carefully created by @Martin after polling our community
– If you read more about the polling, you see the brand framework has been created to get the right balance between our values, philosophy and ambition - a tricky balance to visually execute
– As such, rolling it out consistently across our decks and internal and external documents is important - otherwise we will look uncoordinated and unprofessional: if you need help in applying the new branding to your materials, or have questions about the branding in general, jump to our Discord #Design channel
- An awesome introduction to Index Coop video has been created by Jason (@earth_maze in Discord) , with input and feedback from a range of other Coop members
- Synthetix Mirror Index (SMI) logo design process (click and scroll to see ideas and designs from many Design Owls (Dowls)) is underway
- 3D Cooper research by @earth2travis, now being picked up by @codemathics (more info to come soon!)
- New business cards designed by @codemathics
- An “I want you!” Uncle Sam owl was designed for the Methodologists’ web page by @caf and @Static121. Inserted below:
Monthly rewards have been documented here and will be paid to contributors via the Funding Counsel once a rewards merkel tree is deployed.
We welcome your feedback, ideas and collaboration.
Dev and CDWG