As we near closer to the launch of the Coop’s second product, the CGCI-LV, more in-depth analysis is being conducted around the products’ target markets, distribution, and marketing strategy. For those that missed it, I shared a post last week highlighting some of the initial target markets for the product, see here.
One topic about brand/marketing that has been making the rounds (thanks to @mestigoit on Discord in the cgci-lv discussion page!) and something that I have been pondering, is the name of the product. Admittedly, the ‘CGCI-LV’ isn’t the most memorable name. Also, I don’t want the index to be considered ‘cheaper quality’ because it is labelled as a ‘lite-version’. I’ve been considering updating the name, and have some suggestions, but I wanted to crowdsource some ideas from the Community first to see if anyone has some good ideas / suggestions.
Some Notes / Guidelines:
- The token symbol should be three characters (e.g. $XYZ), thereby mirroring the $DPI and creating brand synergy between the Coop’s products. (Perhaps all future products might want to follow this narrative as well).
- Although being the obvious choice, the index name cannot be the CoinShares Gold and Cryptoassets Index since this is our original trademarked index and I do not want to confuse investors between our products.
- The index name should include the CoinShares name due to our recognized, and trusted, brand name in crypto.
- Token Symbol: $CGI (3 characters, similar to $DPI, and possibly future Coop products)
- Index Name: CoinShares Crypto Gold Index / CoinShares Gold Index / CoinShares Bitcoin Ether Gold Index
Open to hearing any suggestions and/or ideas!