CGCI-LV Product Name

As we near closer to the launch of the Coop’s second product, the CGCI-LV, more in-depth analysis is being conducted around the products’ target markets, distribution, and marketing strategy. For those that missed it, I shared a post last week highlighting some of the initial target markets for the product, see here.

One topic about brand/marketing that has been making the rounds (thanks to @mestigoit on Discord in the cgci-lv discussion page!) and something that I have been pondering, is the name of the product. Admittedly, the ‘CGCI-LV’ isn’t the most memorable name. Also, I don’t want the index to be considered ‘cheaper quality’ because it is labelled as a ‘lite-version’. I’ve been considering updating the name, and have some suggestions, but I wanted to crowdsource some ideas from the Community first to see if anyone has some good ideas / suggestions.

Some Notes / Guidelines:

• The token symbol should be three characters (e.g. $XYZ), thereby mirroring the $DPI and creating brand synergy between the Coop’s products. (Perhaps all future products might want to follow this narrative as well).
  • Although being the obvious choice, the index name cannot be the CoinShares Gold and Cryptoassets Index since this is our original trademarked index and I do not want to confuse investors between our products.
  • The index name should include the CoinShares name due to our recognized, and trusted, brand name in crypto.

Suggestions:

• Token Symbol: $CGI (3 characters, similar to $DPI, and possibly future Coop products)
  • Index Name: CoinShares Crypto Gold Index / CoinShares Gold Index / CoinShares Bitcoin Ether Gold Index

Open to hearing any suggestions and/or ideas! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I definitely like the acronym CGI :slight_smile:
+1 to CoinShares Crypto Gold Index!

2 Likes

Coinshares Sound Money Index: $SND or $CSM

3 Likes

I like this! Communicates value clearly to user. Maybe $CSI to keep the consistency.

4 Likes

+1 to @puniaviision , $CSI is good one.

CoinShares Crypto Gilts index $CCG or $CGI,
CoinShares Crypto Bluechip $CCB,
the CBEGI - CoinShares Bitcoin Eth Gold Index - $BEG

Though I see the point of what @mestigoit is saying about product consistency and the last ‘I’ on Index indexes.

2 Likes

+1 for CGI, CoinShares Crypto & Gold Index
CSI is nice too.
I quickly checked, there are no other coins with those acronyms on coingecko or cmc

3 Likes

I’m for CSI, CoinShares Sound Money Index

subtly supports the view that “ETH is Money” which is a bonus! :grinning:

3 Likes

Also liked CGI. But CSI is also good for me.
I mentioned this already in other post that I prefer a strong brand fro Index, too. So I like the idea of an „I“ at the and. Let’s see if we can keep this for upcoming indexes.
The user story I have in mind is: if somebody sees the token name, he remembers maybe DPI and that it is a good product. And that he will have a deeper look in to the new product. Could also be in coinshares interest.
Thanks Michael for bringing up this topic here in the forum, too.
Maybe it is already time to think about the token icon :wink:

Agree with harmonising the ticker with an ‘I’ at the end. Coinshares Sound Money index is cool, $CSI gets my vote!

1 Like

$CSI also leads to crime scene investigation memes :yum:

Boomers love CSI

4 Likes

Here is just a hint from a normie.
I am non English speaking native and quit new to the DeFi/Crypto space and I have to admit, that I never before heard of the term sound money.
Keep in mind who is the target group for this product.
If you did and everything is still okay. Forget about this post :wink:

4 Likes

A shorter ticker would be great. I prefer CGI - Coinshares Crypto Gold Index (we drop the second c). I think keeping coishares, crypto and gold in the name makes is obvious as to whats in the box.

Sound money needs to be explained to the majority of people.

Both acronyms have common usage, but both free on Coingecko.

1 Like

I am a fan of $CGI as well. While I actually do like “Sound Money” for an english speaking audience, @mestigoit’s comment is an important one to consider given that the target is european, including many non-english-speaking. How might a Swede translate “Sound Money” in their head?

3 Likes

When I read the word sound and I didn’t know about the term „sound money“ I thought of this

And I can’t tell you why… but one is for sure. User journey are always unique :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm… based on this maybe “Sound Money” is in fact a good name for a european customer. It might conjure an image of a tremendous ROI, enough to flood a river valley! :wink:

1 Like

Sound money = Flawless money

1 Like

+1 for “$CGI” and "Coinshares Crypto Gold Index " :grinning:

2 Likes

If gold is the higher % of the index then GCI makes more sense to me but I see most people are either CGI or CSI so I’m
+1 for $CGI

1 Like